I've vanished. From the blogosphere, my life, the world. I offer no excuses, only the explanation of being in my early 20's, swinging for pinatas, and sitting on the bottom of a large pool of water looking up.
Major life events typically cause stress in one of a few ways. Eustress, which is a positive stress, creating all those little butterfly feelings, horns of a achievement, and general good tidings toward life in general. Distress, and hyperstress being the two avoidable ones giving you those yicky uclers, sleepless nights, and a distorted appetite (occasionally anhedonia if we're getting praticular). As of late, I've been juggling more major life changes than pages in a dictionary, watching many opportunities for eustress and distress quickly transform into latter.
It's been a while since I've had on the suit. You know...the many suits- the clown suit with the easy going smile, with the business hat, the real adult cell phone, and the meeting the world face paint... throw in a few balls, and you've got a rusty, over whelmed juggler bound for a mass dropping. That in conjuction with a routine that has been thoroughly ignored since my great 6.5 month adventure spells a m-e-l-t d-o-w-n.
Or it should have. I was really thinking it would. Being a neophyte to having multiple major life events crashing into each other simultaneously, the ending was anything but written in the stars.
I should mention, that I've a) moved to Madison- not without a serious to-do b)started graduate school, c) had the privlidge and challenge of meeting new friends, colleagues, and class mates, and have also taken on the roll of d) finding a job that I like AND will be helpful toward my future. I think any one of those on an independent scale might warrant some vertigo.
As of late: So here I am(!) at my party (insert life!(because well.. it's all about perspective)). Yea, I'm here, and it's wild. I've made a thousand choices regarding colors, invites, and chair size. The whole day is a consequence of that which I chose. Throw in some cake, a thousand faces, and before you know it- PINATA time. It's my party.. I go first, and am given the requisite 37 spins... and for the life of me, I can't hit the pinata. That's how I've felt recently!! Can I catch my breath so I can do a few things well, and spew candy everywhere for the good of all party goers or will things be this hazy forever?!
Just when I thought I'd be swallowed in the ocean of 'too much, too much, too much', it happened. I started tredding water. I AM TREDDING WATER. Not glamorously, and certainly without finesse, but I AM ALIVE, trashing, new born to this adult scene of higher education, city life, and ambition. I AM DOING IT!!
I have moved. I am a graduate student at one of most cutting edge programs in my field. I am meeting new people- and enjoying it. I am making it through the day, exhausted, yet accomplished.
Some days, tredding water IS hitting the Pinata. Today is one of them.
Yay, you're back!! I've missed you.
ReplyDeleteAunt Sarah