My parents were here today. I'm turning 24 on Tuesday. Yes, 24! And you know what my mom asked me today, (great question by the way), 'Would you live any year again, or are you ready to bring 24 on?'.
I stopped and thought. And you know what? I was able to say, happily, and truly... (it's always best when it is genuine) I am ready to turn 24, for this new year. I am ready. I loved 23, I loved the traveling and the introspection, but I don't covet or guard it as if I'll lose it. It's continually cycling through me, and as my traveling has just begun, I am nothing but excited. Excited for myself. For this life. For all the opportunities. For all the kinks I'm ironing out... for it all. Hot diggity dog! I'm going to be 24 and life is good!
I have my own pad. I have a pillow to rest my head. Wonderful family and friends.An amazing counterpart. A nephew who went poopoo on the toliet! Books. Music. Art. and a globe. A sweet, sweet globe... with a spin that swooshes 'be here now'. I am here now, loving what I have. Grateful for the moment, excited for the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment