Monday, September 27, 2010

Turn, and Turn, and Turn

Today I've decided to make a little something to channel my daily gratitude. Sometimes all you need is a swift kick of perspective... and even better if it is self induced, right?!

As most Wisconsinites know, the leaves are on the cusp of a full blown change, and I CANNOT wait. I'm going to capture them. That's right! In time!

I bought some wax paper today, and I'm going to press some of my favorite leaves. Every day (or so) I hope to find a leaf. And while I'm pressing it, I'll think, 'what a beautiful leaf. How gal' darn unique. How special that this leaf will fall but once. I'm pretty darn thankful it's mine.'

Then I'll take all those warm and fuzzy feelings and pressed leaves and intersperse diary paper among them and then... HAVE THEM BOUND!

Yup, makin' my own darn diary. Trapping me some gratitude.

Pretty neat idea, even if I do say so myself.



A funky song with a catchy tune: Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home

No comments:

Post a Comment