I got my hand stuck in my mail box. To the point I thought I'd cry. It got wedged in there when I was trying to save some pizza flyer and I realized it wasn't budging. Not a bit. My mailbox is metal, narrow and eye level. The harder I tried, the more it was stuck. I got all nervous and mad about how inconvenient it was and how ridiculous of a situation it was. I thought about the fire department. The cops. My sanity... general embarrassment and all it entails- and so I sat and waited. I waited a good few minutes and took deep breaths trying to look cool in case anyone wandered through the main entrance. Finally after thinking about He-la cells and the new David Gray c.d. I was able to slowly wiggle hand got out.
I grew up just a little today. I really felt like doing a big, 'WHY ME' meltdown.. but I didn't. I was adult about it (which, admittedly, is a little less gratifying). Nevertheless, a big A+ for me.
And the sanity soundtrack of the day, 'Miike Snow: Animals'. Great song for days you feel like wedging your hand places and then thinking about life.
No comments:
Post a Comment