Another Wednesday, here and gone. I find I wait for Wednesdays every week like a kid countingdown to their birthday (or secretly most adults..), and the days absolutely creep. Tick tock toward the middle of the week day when I have an entire 24 hour period off. Finally Tuesday night, bliss sets in.....
And, BAM.SHAKE.RATTLE. Wednesday is here!!....... and gone!
However, this Wednesday was not your average Wednesday off.. it was a rip, roarin', pig of a day... greedy and delicious from the moment I woke up until the moment my head hit the pillow.
We were obligation free the ENTIRE day... so step one, sleep in. We awoke by our devices at around 8 in the morning, drank some joe and hopped on our bikes. Erik got the really cool vintage bike, and I had the 2003 Shopko special made for an 11 year old with short legs.. oh how the cookie crumbles.
So we biked into town (Egg Harbor), got some lattes (a delicious treat only for days off) and went down to the public park and watched as they started to put in a new Marina.
It didn't stay cloudy for long. We biked around and stopped at some parks, and eventually headed home. No sooner than we got home, we realized we were hungry. SO! Why not spend money when you're not making it?! We headed to the best smoke house in all of DoCo, Caseys Pub. Now is where I interject that I am a very bad, bad vegetarian.
WHAT!?! MADELINE, YOU'RE A VEGETARIAN?!.. ARE YOU?....
Well, yes.
Yes, I am.
Please, stay where you're at, you don't have to come pick me up from isolation, I haven't fallen off of my rocker, or lost my marbles. Nor am I any kind of an extremist, or about to preach about my incredible lifestyle change.... I know, I know, I also hear your argument, you just ate meat.. so therefore, you're what, a 'convienence vegetarian' a 'Thursday to Tuesday vegetarian'?
My answer is, hopefully not forever. This was my first slip, and I know it won't be my last. I've been an active vegetarian for around a month, and its been pretty easy. I came upon research by default, and my reasons range from environmental factors, cleanliness of slaughterhouses and procedures.. and the overall way I feel. Do I still eat eggs? Of course. Dairy? Yes and no, although this is primarily just due to taste reasons. A very limited amount of milk.. As for cheese.. well, cheese is hard. I love cheese. I'll write more about this later. Today, however, I will write about the day I broke. Which was Wednesday.
A pulled pork sammy, miles high of pulled pork.
I cant say why I caved, but it was splendid, and I tried to do my best to eat it without regret. And psychologically, I was almost all there; regret free, I mean. Physically, well that story couldn't have been farther from the truth. My insides acted as if I just swallowed a prize fighting boxer.. a little brick of pure concrete. Instead of continuing on our expedition, we needed a side tour, as I was on the out.
.. I think I blacked out for roughly an hour. A horribly intoxicating food coma. I had one of the best/worst/out of my control naps I've ever taken (30 min) on top of the first ever feeling of knowing every inch of both my large and small intestine. Without saying more, I pigged out..... and my insides were packed like a sausage. And when you only have one day off, you must carry on.
We went to an orchard and local fruit store, where we ate samples and walked around. There was a corn maze that was so much fun!
And by so much fun I mean, 'make your own fun' kind of maze. No matter what, for some reason we just couldn't get lost..
"PANIC?! Which way to go!?!?!?"
Could it be due to the 4 ft high stalk? We'll never know.. Something tells me we where about 2 weeks too early for the cornmaze.
Finally, my favorite part of the day. There was a kaleidescope attached to a rotating flower bed. I am shameless, and this entertained me for way longer than is okay to mention.
So after Erik dragged me away due to the group forming behind me, we spoiled ourselves with a country drive (BEAUTIFUL), a beach trip, a frozen pizza, some Landshark, and the most beautiful sunset in all the land...
Well fed, well loved, and highly entertained. A beautiful, delish, piggish little Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment