Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A love like theirs...

As I was busy sorting pictures on my parent's computer, I came across a series of pictures I just kept coming back to.

If I were to narrate them, the whole thing would start something like this:...

Once I found out that my sister was getting married a million and one ideas popped into my head. None, of course, were original. However, they were all really fun, 'do-able', and memorable. I had been over hearing fantastic wedding ideas from Erik's sister, Lindsay, who was also getting married this summer.She had the idea of 'trashing the dress', which in layman's terms (for those of you who aren't in on the wedding lingo) means a really fun opportunity to wear your wedding dress again, and oh what(?!) get it dirty?!... Yes, that's right.

Alright, lets fast forward into the future. Molly had no dress at this point, but lucky for her, she is small and skinny just like our mom. Of course! Insert thought: Molly, you will wear mom's dress, and I will magically be the photographer neither of us knew I was!!

Anyway, my mom was going to bring the dress to Door County for the photo shoot, and she said in passing that it still fit her. I mentioned that she should try it on for Molly and I before she made 'the transfer'. She agreed, and I couldn't help but smile.. dear lordy, I am GOOD!




SURPRISE! My parents got re-married on July 15, 2009, 'renewing' their vows in front of all their children and some of their best friends. The best part was the fact that their best friends weren't able to make their original wedding!




My mom and Laurie her 'maid of honor'.



Laurie (maid of honor), my mom, my dad, and Geoff (best man).


Yes, I ruined that picture.


My dad, walkin' the lady of his life down the aisle.




"Do you take this man.."






"You may now kiss the bride"




27 and counting...

Yessir, I'd tip my hat to a love like theirs.






1 comment:

  1. Adorable! And I'm definitely adding your blog to my list so I can check out all the amazing places you and Erik travel to. It will be wonderful and I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little jealous. Hope you are doing well! And don't worry, the waitress bug passes eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete