Saturday, December 26, 2009

M.I.A.

I know, I know. No excuse for the lack of posts around the Christmas festivities, ESPECIALLY because that is when everyone wants to know what one does when they are stranded in a forgien land, away from family and friends.

I'll tell you. You choose the most romantic and beautiful city (or at least one of the top) in the world, Paris.

I have done my share of boasting about France, weaving fine delicate stories out of silk and fringe. If you're looking for this occasion to be any different... you'll be sadly mistaken.

Paris is its own orbiting universe. I don't know where to begin, mostly because I haven't even had time to write in my journal. I don't know how this could happen, because I treasure those few moments at the end of the day when I get to pour my heart out into electronic neverland. Paris is not to be tamed. We've already been here THREE full days, and I don't have a grasp on it. There is literally so much to do, with so many distinct areas, that I truly feel the eight days we're here won't do justice. Each night I stumble to my bed, fighting with myself to take off my clothes and put on pajamas. The days are so long and so full, sleeping sounds as delicious as the mouthwatering caramels my mom makes for Christmas. Of course life isn't so! The moment my momentum is stopped by the mattress, my eyes spring open. Literally, spring open. Well tomorrow.. we can do this.. and this.. and this... and oh boy, I need to get my notebook out from under my bed and write this one down.. I wish this was where I said, oh I exaggerate, but it isn't so.

Paris lets you know just how much of her you haven't seen by her eloquent and exact layout. Everything is spaced out with such grandeur, that you are in perfect awareness as to your place in the city. Albeit, a very minute space, a space that seems to say,'you amuse me darling, over nine million people live here. You walk down the river and visit Orsay and think you've been to Paris? I love it, say more!'


I'll try and recap what I have seen, and preface that it's a scratch to the surface!

No comments:

Post a Comment