Who is stealing summer?! Who is shortening my days, and creating to do lists that trail me wherever I go?
That's the thing about Wisconsin summers. They're a dream. Typically, lacking in humidity, being out doors is second to none. Great 'doing' as well as relaxation, I think everyone looks forward to summer the other 7 months of the year where the leaves aren't changing and the flowers aren't blooming.
I've been a little nervous about where my summer's been going, and who is hiding it, so I've started to wake up earlier. Maximize my day, maximize my capacity for least amount of sleep yielding same results kind of thing.
No really, in all actuality, I just wanted to do more.. Bike more, walk more, read more, do that 'to do' list'- mainly do that 'to do' list. And you know what? I've avoided it like the plague.
I may have mentioned this. I'm moving. To a city. For school. I've never lived in. Yep. Madison. I'm elated. Really. However, between not having a car, figuring out the best day to take off work, finding out what books i need, finding a neighbor hood I like, a place that is looking for roommates, when I should move my stuff down, how well will I REALLY know these roommates (how well DO I need to know them?) as well as every other thing that goes with moving to a new city proves harder than I thought.
So. I avoid it. By doing. You'll probably find me on my bike on some back road going 8 miles an hour singing Sting or Adele way too loud for my own good, or, more importantly, anyone within ear shot's well being. I'll get home briefly think about all the things I SHOULD have done with my time, and put it on the to do list.
"Do to-do" list.
This is at the top of my list. Every day.
Like today, for instance. I'll 'do' my to-do's.. right after I bike, run, swim, and read.... Hey, someone needs to figure out who is stealing summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment