*real- a room that I can paint, play with, and assume is my own, living in it a schedule not determined by a calendar year.
All four are on scrolls, and have a budding little history about them. Two match, or were at least paired together, and the other two the owner must have felt needed the boot. Despite the fact that they are a little funky, and may not be like anything else I have, we can consider it the start of an eclectic collection, in a way, a lot more my style than I'd originally thought.
I love the piece, and know I would love it even more if they didn't decide to match the frame with the art. I'm thinking a little sanding down of the green in the frame to a more natural wood tone will do the trick perfectly.
Finally, the great bambino. This is my favorite. Unfortunately, the photo opportunity I had with it was at 11 p.m., and I wasn't able to fit it all in the view finder. It stands around 5 feet tall and is about a foot wide. B.E.A.utiful!
madeline, these are beautiful, seriously. What a treasure! I think the idea of sanding the green is wonderful! These are pieces that you should decorate an entire room around! So happy you found them!....and what a great way to start a collection!
ReplyDelete