Not even so much as a warning. I haven't mentioned that my sister was due YESTERDAY. Poor, poor planning on my part.
I was waiting around all day. I started work at 7 a.m., which is the time she was getting induced. Pacing, telling everyone like proud Aunt I am, so happy of their accomplishment I treated it as my own. They didn't know the sex, which I think is possibly the best single surprise any person could have. Delayed gratification is an understatement.
I checked my phone CONSTANTLY. There was nothing I could do! Molly, the amazing woman she is, held through the baby staying put and taking a nap despite everyone in the outside world's best efforts.
Three p.m. rolls around, and here I am going to my next job, and! no baby! It's easier said than done going to work someone else's special moment, when my sister (and the rest of us) were experiencing one of our own.
Erik and I were working a back bar. It was our responsibility to serve drinks to whatever straglers wanted to go inside, through the tent, and to the back corner for a drink instead of out under the oaks near the Bay.
This turned out to be a blessing. Had they been close, a lot of people would be full of Gin and Bloody Mary Mix when I shot up through the ground like a 5'10 solid mini tank. I was jumping up and down which unearthed the entire tent, and shook all the tables. Everyone ran for cover as I did hop scotch crying through the party.
She did it!
A GIRL.
A G.I.R.L.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIST PUMP! The clear answer is, no matter what, the sex would have been perfect and 'fit' just so, but a girl!! My parents are finally getting a little retribution for the hellion they had! Ohhhh, full circle.
My beautiful sister and her beautiful girl.
And her elegant name, that sounds both adventurous and feminine all at once-
Eliza Rose.
GIRL. GIRL. GIRL. Now, with a boy and a girl, they'll truly have the best of both worlds.
I know what you're thinking. Lets see some pictures! Well, hold your horses because I finagled THREE days off IN A ROW and am road tripping it down to the great state of Illinois to get a little face to face time with this glow worm, and show you some pictures I've taken myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment