Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thank you, Strokes

I rolled my ankle over EIGHTEEN days ago. EIGHTEEN. It was the kind of roll that made walking hurt, so running was absolutely out of the question. Of course this put me into a depressed stupor as I tried to both bridge the gap of time lost and keep the strength I had. Keep the strength of what it feels like to RUN BAREFOOT?

Ha. who did I think I was kidding?!?


Here's the good news. I put down the bike and picked up the sneakers yesterday. Well, the flat footed soles, but, yea I put them on. And you know what? My 2 year old nephew could have beat me. I was so slow I think trotting might have been the more accurate word. I was really really disappointed. I blamed the shoes, and seriously contemplated just going back to regular easier shoes. 'None of this would have happened'.


And you know what?.. I woke up this morning, put on those barefoot shoes, and went for another run. A little farther, a little longer.. and something happened. Adrenaline? Check. Endorphine? Check. Step, step, quicker, quicker.. I was RUNNING. RUNNING. RUNNING!!!!!!!!!

So thank you The Strokes, for making Razorblade and You Only Live Once. You got my groove back!!!

2 comments:

  1. ugh i can't myself to put back on my vibrams since i messed up my foot! I had the same thoughts that those things are supposed to PREVENT injury! I think I need to bite the bullet now that I read your post. Wanna come run the Denver Rock n Roll this oct with me and e?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO happy to hear you are back in the game. PLEASE COME RUN THE DENVER ROCK N ROLL!!!! Oct 17th...We need an experienced speedy to help us (aka you!) when is chicago's??

    ReplyDelete