Gelato. One quick thing before I fall into my pillow. Our second time getting gelato yesterday was a HUGE mistake. I mean, HUUUUUUUUUUUGE. As in a 30 dollar mistake. We always get the smallest kind - which comes in perfectly as the ultimate justification for a second and or third stop- and we've never paid more than 3 euros a cup. And even when we paid the 3 euros, that was pricey and the cup was huge.
For 3 smalls and 1 medium the lady mumbled a number in Italian I have never heard before. In any other instance I might have thought the word sounded beautiful. However, I was facing the electronic cash register and could see that the word she said was actually 21 euros. 21 EUROS??!?!?! Plus the exchange rate for a grand total of 29 smackers.
My jaw literally almost hit the ground. You want to be angry because you really feel like you're being swindled... but, I suppose the prices were there- cleverly hidden under a bunch of plastic waffles and a flavors list. I wish I could say this was an instance of getting what you pay for... but even the gelato fell short of average. OUCH. I guess we'll just have to keep searching!!....
No comments:
Post a Comment