Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Palermo, Sicily

Despite all of the chatting I've been doing, I've let on little about Sicily. I'll shut my yapper and let some photos do the talking!

This photo was taken in the Palermo Municipal Garden. There were marble statues everywhere... bella!



A few years and a couple altercations later...




Gelato. We've been getting it EVERY SINGLE DAY. Sometimes, two times a day. I feel like we're in Willy Wonka. "The snozberries taste like snozberries, The pearberries taste like pearberries." Pistachio, lemon, chocolate, coffee, hazelnut, strawberry...



Mondello. This is the beach just outside of Palermo that Erik and I went to for the day... we even went swimming, few people can say that in February!




Just as common as the taxi, the horse and buggy. They were everywhere and yes, all the rules of the road pertained.



The night street bar straight from Foot Loose. It was a lot friendlier than it looked... I suppose that the Beatles can do that..




At the fresh market a young man strolled around his morning catches. The lobsters were alive, and he dripped water on them frequently. I played over bearing American and insisted on a picture!



One of the many desert cases that tempt us on a daily basis!


Palm trees on the waterfront.



Fresh air markets.. AMAZING, great produce for next to nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment