Shaving my legs last night was like sheering a lamb in the Spring.
Okay, while this is an exaggeration- albeit, not a large one, I bring it up with good reason. For many a month Erik and I have stayed in hotels/hostels/B&B's that were safe. No question about it. They probably were cleaned daily, I'll go ahead and hope that one too. Even if we are going to bet on the upside of daily cleanings, many of them were shared. Who knows the number of people who could have taken a shower in there daily!... I certainly didn't. So even though they were cleaned at SOME point, that point may or may not have anything to do with the moment I was hoping for some freshness. So, to walk into a bathroom yesterday that had BOTH the toilet and the SHOWER wrapped in a piece of multilingual tissue paper that said 'Sanitized Daily' in 7 languages was enough to make me do the boogie. I set my towel on the TOWEL warmer and cozied up to the best 100% CLEANLIEST shower experience in months. No longer was I forced to prioritize and use the get in, get out method. No longer did I have to think shave your legs and risk bumping a wall or become a lamb needing a good spring shearing.
This moment of supreme spring joy was brought to me 100% by my parents. They've been spoiling us to the high heavens. When my mom opened her suitcase and pulled out PEARLS (or near- a new VENUS RAZOR CARTRIDGE) my eyes gleamed with awe from treasures from the other lands. I sat transfixed connecting the dots about my very near future. Every opportunity I get, I realize how incredibly good my life is. To be in Italy with my parents sharing great memories, unbelievable experiences, and fine opportunities like a 100% SANITIZED shower creates unparalleled spring joy.. Waking up and seeing my mom and dad makes me want to hang my head out the window and shout, "LIFE IS GOOD!"... except maybe in Italian, which- would be horribly botched but humorous none the less.
So here I am, March 18th, all buzzed down, life anew, ready for spring. Like a a lamb with a good spring shearing.
No comments:
Post a Comment