Someone get out a dart gun. Now. Shoot me in the neck, inner thigh, inner left arm... just get it done.
I'll say this once. CRAFTING is not, I repeat, NOT, easy.
I need to be tranquilized. I feel like demolishing this project. I should add that up until this point I have been enlightened on a step by step basis, but my lack of crafting and carpentry makes this project both a test of my patience and sanity. I'd really like to divulge and tell you how I almost kicked my nephew's priceless craft all the way into down town Green Bay, but I'll resist for the small chance it might turn out nice and be worth the surprise.
I can say without giving anything away that there is an INCOMPREHNSIBLE amount of nail choices out there. MIND BOGGLING amount. And you know what?!.... Let me let you in on a little something.
They matter.
Yea, the ones with the rounded heads? They might as well be called 'PERMA-nail' because they DO. NOT. in anyway come un-nailed. They are forever nails. So make sure that you really want to nail the rounded nail in that precise spot.. unless of course you feel like nearly blacking out with anger.
Moreover, measuring tape is your friend. Eyeballing and cutting corners in the world of chic crafting meets carpentry gets you know where except back to SQUARE one. No passing go or collecting 200 dollars.
I've put a lot of time and thought into this little do-dad and up to this point it was coming out EXACTLY how I saw it in my mind.
Then I bought rounded nails and used my mental metric system to really ensure I gave myself the least possible chance of succeeding. So if you see me out walking the pups, go ahead and dart me, I could really use it.
hahaha! This has happened to me COUNTLESS TIMES. After every DIY project you finish, you swear you'll never do one again because they're just THAT frustrating (as i'm remembering making 200 wedding invites with no graphic design background or equipment)! but then of course, you do, because you love it! Take a deep breath! It will turn out just how you imagined!!!!!
ReplyDelete