Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Door's Bucket

Last summer and fall went by so quickly, all I was left with was a list of things I wasn't able to do. Granted, I still did a lot of truly amazing things that weren't on my list, but this time I want to hold myself a little more accountable. So you know what I did? I made a bucket list...more or less. I wrote down all of my favorite things, places, activities, and to-do's so I won't 'forget' or get too busy. I figure this is a two way street. If anyone ever decides to come up to D.C. I will have hopefully provided plenty of 'local goods' to make it an incredible time, and for my sake, I'll be able to write and indulge in these pleasantries for the sake of 'reporting'.


Here's what I have, and feel free to add whatever you'd like (this list will probably be on going all summer!).

Restaurants
Shoreline-Dinner
White Gull Inn (I gotta check it out! They were voted America's Best breakfast by good morning, America!)
Sandpiper- breakfast
Whistling Swan- if I ever win the lottery
Birmingham's- burgers
Wild Tomato- pizza
Door County Ice Cream- The best (and HOMEMADE) icecream
Wilson's- okay icecream, great tradition
Leroy's-coffee
Espresso Lane- Coffee
Basecamp- coffee shop
JJ's La Puerta- Margarita's, chips and salsa!
Hitching Post- tradition, tradition, TRADITION!
Door County Bakery- Sorry to say, but the best Bakery in town!
Confectionary- fun, candy, and sugar.
Blue Horse- lunch, sandwiches, wholesome amazingness!
Bakery whose name escapes me
Al Johnson's- pancakes, of course.

Alright, so this is a good start, and a tremendous monetary and investigative feat. I'll be starting with these restaurants, but if you send me an e-mail saying, 'Hi, ya, where's the best fish boil?' You better believe I can figure it out for ya!

Activites:
Birch Creek Concert
Stone's throw winery tour and tasting (regular and desert wines)
Bike Hwy 57
Bike New Port State Park
Kayak around Peninsula State Park
Climb Eagle Tour
Evening sailing cruise
A 'day at the beach' with the family
Family dance party
Family scrabble game
TUBING (YAY EXTREME WATER SPORTS!)
Star gazing at the end of our pier
Early morning walks around the circle
Antiquing at Bay Trading Co.
Bird watching identification
Tree identification
Thrifting at all THREE Door County thrift stores
HANDS ON ART STUDIO
Going to the Linden Art Gallery
Going to Ellison Bay County Park
Snacking and pretending to look interested at Seaquist and The Orchards


If I become rich-
Scenic airplane ride around D.C.

I know, I know this list means nothing to you at all right now. But, after this summer we will all sufficiently say I stuffed my face, entertained myself constantly and had one hell of a good time. In the mean time, I have to work on remembering my camera!

1 comment:

  1. You can save a bunch of those for the weeks we come up...I want to do almost all of them (food especially). What my body and children will allow me to do is another story...

    ReplyDelete