Monday, February 15, 2010

Free love on V-Day

I'll sum it up for you:
Sunny (YES!!!)
Breakfast in bed
General laziness
A FIVE hour walk (We could sell maps of the coast at this point..)
Breakfast for dinner-Cream cheese and fruit stuffed french toast
Chocolate Pecan Cheesecake from the deli (Erik's)
Stroopwaffles .. Missin me some Holland! (Good replica and no disappointment, my pick)
Stuffed to oblivion
Quantum Mechanics documentary


I'll proudly step up to the podium to claim the Polish Picnic of eccentric nerd bomb Valentine's Days... because, let me tell you.. I wouldn't have changed a thing!


Oh, and one more thing.

So the lady who owns the guest house we're staying at is SO sweet. Sweet as in, she spoke, and I INSTANTLY liked her. The first morning we arrived these were the first two sentences out of her mouth.

1) Something to drink...Fresh squeezed orange juice!!!
2) ... I'm a grandma!!!!!! She's TEN days old.


(Whoa, whoa, whoa. Love her! I can totally relate. When my sister had Miles, I could've probably talked to a complete stranger.. 'Excuse me sir, did you know that MY sister had a baby boy!? AND he is perfect in every single way, EVER?!..)

Anyway! This lady is great.. so when Erik and I decided to extend our reservation- she was so happy, get this, she made us RHUBARB PIE with a croissant CRUST!!!! Two freshly baked slices, right up to our door, with new linens and towels. She also wants to do our laundry.

I couldn't help myself. I went in for the hug. I didn't care. What a darling... I am continually surprised and overwhelmed by the kindness of others. So much so.. I hugged her, really without thinking. And you know what she did!??!



She kissed me!!!!




And you know what I did!??






I kissed her back!




I know, it sounds like I'll give away smooches for some clean towels, sweet treats, and an offer to do laundry......



.. who knows, blame it on Valentine's Day.




It's all about the love, honey, all about the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment