I went exploring on my own yesterday so I wasn't able to get at the 'real goods'. I promised Erik I wouldn't go into old town, which is the town Dubrovnik originated from. It's hundreds of years old and entirely preserved.So today, we'll see all that 'old town' has to offer, and after that, there are small coastal towns only 3 miles away, and according to Forbes 'some of the best beaches in the world'.
Yesterday was a very weird day. Erik and I sat down and planned out the rest of our trip. Are we already at that point??! My stomach was in knots the entire time. With both our families coming the ENTIRE month of March (YAHOO!!!!!!) we had to take a look at the rest of the time available and our budgets. How is time going so quickly?!
In case you're interested, still to come: a month in Italy(!!), 3 weeks in Greece, 3 weeks in France (1 in the Alps), 2 in Spain, and 2 in Portugal.
I know, it may seem like a long time, and in some ways,it is. But it feels like YESTERDAY when we were 3 weeks in, and the idea of 'a last city' seemed impossible to conceptualize. So, yesterday, when we were sitting on the bed, Rick Steves, a map, our budget, and a calendar, a huge wave of sadness swept over me... it must be similar to that feeling parents get. They LOVE how old you are, and how every day you grow a little more... but 'gee! I remember when you were THIS big! It feels like yesterday...' kind of a bittersweet sadness to it all.
Of course, Mom, do not worry! I kicked that mood to the curb. Because *I* control my attitude, I chose gratitude. We still have THREE dazzling months left, which is all the more reason to soak up every moment.
In a week we'll be at the half way point... with a glass half FULL.
I can't believe your pictures!! Or the fact that you're almost half way there! I wouldn't want to leave either with scenery like that. I hope you're doing well. Baby is looking good:)We had an earthquake yesterday that woke me up and scared the crap out of me. I asked my kids if they felt it and some of them said "it shook me right out of my bed"...hahah no it didn't.
ReplyDelete