Our days in Dubrovnik are over. Tomorrow morning we'll be leaving for Split, a port town 4 hours up the coast. From there we'll be heading to Palermo (Sicily) for ten days. For the most part, I'm really excited. It's time for a new adventure, new faces, new things.
While in Dubrovnik we've done a lot of things we couldn't (and wouldn't have done) anywhere else. Aside from the beautiful sunny days, we ate a lot of calamari, watched Star Wars- I apparently needed some education-, read about Quantum Physics and Buddhism, and were generally really really lazy. We walked everywhere, and enjoyed the water that was on nearly every side of us. We sipped coffee on our terrace over looking the marina, we enjoyed as many different Croatian croissants as we could stuff in our mouths (in attempt to experience the culture, of course), slept in, stayed up late, went to bed early, and got up early, did whatever we pleased. We hiked and washed out feet in the water, we stopped to smell the flowers, raced up a few sets of stair cases, sat on a couple others for a break. We saw costumes and coast lines, caves and beaches. We played games, drank sparkling water with fresh HAND PICKED (myself!) lemons from trees.... and almost never made our beds. Our 'vacation from vacation' has been the perfect break in our vacation.
I relished it all, because I am well aware of the tall order that is Sicily. Hello early mornings, days full of sight seeing and wonderment, packed lunches, full water bottles, and map after map after map.
Our feet on Italian soil means two very exciting things. Things I try not to think about because then I feel like a kid waiting for Santa and exhaust myself with excitement. But, why not get myself unneccesarily riled up?
Kory and Lindsay, Erik's sister and brother in law are going to be here for a little over a week at the beginning of March!!!!!!!!We've missed them both alot, and cannot wait to see them! Whenever we see them in the States, it always includes a lot of great food,laughter, late nights, and good times. We get really excited when we talk about it, and our goal for the trip has been 'staying in the moment', and that gets hard when your whole future is just as bright as the moment you're in... and the last weekend Kory and Lindsay are here my mom and dad are coming!!!!!! Yes, TWEET AND BIG D! heading across the pond to see US! We might lose my dad to the mafia.. I know they're always looking for straight shooters who tell it like it is. But don't worry, I'll have a close eye out, no one is stealing MY DAD just because he's smart and intimidating.. and might bring his new leather jacket. And come to think about it, they'll probably want my mom too because she's so naturally tan and beautiful.. Don't worry, not on my watch.On a serious note, I don't know how I'll let my mom and dad leave us. I miss them alot, and often wish they could experience everything that we're doing.
Goodbye, Dubrovnik!!..... Hello Italy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment