Heyyyoohh, we made it. These last few days?! The ultimate test of my patience. My head phones broke, no biggy. I permanently stained my only pair of jeans, no biggy. I lost my camera case and now use a sock for a cover, no biggy. My shampoo exploded all over my pack which would only be equivalent to opening the drawers of every dresser and flipping back the sheets and letting rip with some pert plus or other industrial strength shampoo, no biggy.
A storm 'zapped' our charger, adapter, and power cord to my computer. Big expensive biggy.
However, you can't take a good woman down. I marched straight to the mdiddle of Barcelona- greasy hair, stained jeans, and sock in hand. I needed a new... everything! At first it was hard getting help, I had to calm down security and tell them I wasn't a homeless loot and indeed had lots and lots of American credit!
One very expensive day later, I thought I handled it as well as anyone could. I was proud of myself.
When I swung open the door to our room to find all our things gone... well, I didn't handle that well. Not even a bit.
We went down to the front desk where they informed us 'we needed to use the room for a group, so we switched your room'. I was shaking with a fury I have yet to demonstrate on this trip. I didn't want to get all 'American lawsuit' on him.. but imagine if one day you walked into your hotel and ALL YOUR THINGS were gone. The hotel staff moved them. WHAT?! Are you kidding me? And what if something is lost, stolen, damaged, and or ruined? It's our word verse theirs?!
I was about to go intergalactic on him. Thankfully, Erik held it together and stood a solid, non ballistic front. They threw all our things (including valuables) into garbage bags and then into a laundry container. Erik voiced our displeasure while I waited until the door closed to cry.
And you know what?! Despite it all, we made it! We are HERE! I am happy, safe, dirty, and partially homeless looking, but Granada is BEAUTIFUL. I cannot wait to wake up tomorrow and get at this city. It was inhabited by the Moors, and has wonderful Moorish influences and tea houses. I'm proud to say that when it rains it pours, and we weathered the storm!
No comments:
Post a Comment