Alright, well, I've cheated. On my hair dresser. Technically, I don't really have a hairdresser but follow me with this comparison. Some people have hair dressers that become life mates. They will ALWAYS cut and poof and color your hair. From the moment you chose them until one of you drops. They get you. You love them. They love you. Life is good in the little predictable nest of your hair stylist.
This.. this bond? This is what I had with Asics. My beautiful, beautiful Asics. Asics are (or were) the best running shoe on the face of this earth. They had wides, narrows, gels, and all the different kind of support you could dream of. With running shoes, you are suppose to change them up around every 120 miles or so. This was never the case for me.My big toe was almost popping through by the time I got my next pair. I dream of new Asics days when I boing all the way through my run. I love the way they form my feet and have gotten me through two marathons... apparently I just don't love them enough.
But there's a new kid on the block, Vibram. Vibrams are a revolutionary way of thinking in that there is almost nothing to the shoe- they are suppose to mimic they way our feet were created (sans shoes). People who own them are often referred to as barefoot runners. I have a friend, Danielle, who is basically a running superstar, she bought a pair and said she'd recommend them.. so hey!, I'm sold! But seriously, all of the research this far says they are suppose to eliminate chronic pain and injury, increase a runners life, and create a more natural gait- which is, in theory, suppose to make you the next speedy Gonzalez.
This may seem unimportant now, but just you wait until you see how ridiculous I'm going to look with toed sock like shoes, on top of having thighs like an NFL running back.
No comments:
Post a Comment