"Madeline, I am soooo sooo sorry. I just read your blog. I can't believe that happened. I know how diligent you are aout keeping that kind of stuff near you.
Here is a story to put our problems into perspective. This is not to take away what happened to you, but rather to put things into scope. I would know. I am the best at pitying myself.
Today I was testing a boy in my class. He has a degenerative disorder. He is wheelchair bound. He only has a few years left to live and he knows it. Because of this, he doesn't want to try anything because he doesn't see the point.
I was trying to teach him to read. I asked " don't you want to learn to read? there are so many good books out there.."
He said " I don't want to learn to read, I want to learn to walk."
My heart broke for him.
Bad things happen to good people. The way I see it....you have some VERY good karma coming your way. Keep your chin up, there will be brighter days. Be thankful that it's just money you're missing."
Ahhh, love you!!!!!
very wise lady ;)
ReplyDeleteFabulous sister... I'll still wire you some fun money if you give me a place and date you will be. I've also started printing the blog off starting at the beginning, day by day and sending them to your Grandma Molly. She says noone shows her anything!! Now she'll have a hard copy to prove otherwise.
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Aunt Sarah
Aunt Sarah,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the sweet offer. The only way I'd take it is if you delivered it in person. And in that case, I'd happily meet you where ever you'd like. :)
Also.. thank you so much for printing these off for grandma.. that really means a lot to me. I miss her, and it makes me feel a lot better knowing that she has some idea of where I am in our beautiful world.
Love you!
xoxoxo