Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mustard and hot dogs: A German delight

Yesterday we spent the day running around like animals with our tails cut off. Do you ever have days that you feel no matter how hard you try, you just can't get instep? You're one lyric out of your groove. We ended our day at around 8 p.m. and I was exhausted. I was probably making rubber marks in the cement I was dragging my heels so badly. Still, we had to stop at the grocery store for dinner. We didn't get back to the compound until close to 9.

The day in a nutshell: Halibut, lemon, salad, and potatoes in hand, we were stopped by a worker. 'Sorry, kitchen closes at 8:30. No exceptions. You can get something from the restaurant.'


The restaurant was empty. Do you know what a former food service industry worker thinks when they see an empty restaurant? Keep moving. So, actually sir, I don't want anything from your restaurant, I just want a bit of the food I just bought.

Of course I didn't say that. We had a couple choices of pizza & lasagna. We thought we made the safe and responsible choice of pizza. A German sausage pizza? I'll have that. So will he.

20 minutes later, two piping hot pizzas are placed in front of us.


Cheese, MUSTARD SAUCE, and SLICED HOT DOGS.Mustard? Hot dogs? On pizza? The description said 'German sausage pizza!!' COMEON.


And all I could think while I choked down a few slices was, WHAT GERMANS DO YOU KNOW?!
















No comments:

Post a Comment