Everything is starting to have a certain sentimental value. Now that I'm realizing how temporary my stay here truly is, EVERYTHING is important and special. At the rate I'm hording I'll have a tin can collection to sell when I get back into the States.
To add to the sentimentality of the day, we went to the Gaudi park, Parc Guell. AMAZING. The park was atop a huge hill. When we turned the corner, and I saw that it was actually at the top of this San Fransisco sized hill, I questioned how badly I really wanted to go. Once we made it, the views were unreal so we had to stop and enjoy. This may or may not have had anything to do with the fact that we were both sweating like pigs on coal.
When Gaudi was commissioned to make this park, he was making it for the rich, as it had the best mountain to ocean view of the city. The park itself is very mountainous and a little hard on the sandals, but once you are in the middle of the gathering area, you're met by a mosaic heaven overlooking the city of Barcelona.
We sat in the gathering section for a few hours. It was hot and windy.. and quite surreal. I am in Barcelona, the sun is warm on my face, the wind at my back, the city before me,Gaudi all around me.... and music?
A jazz group was setting up shop in the middle of park. Part reggae, part jazz, and perfect timing. My feet started tapping before I even realized what was going on. Once the music started,I almost instantly wanted to go dance. And because it's Barcelona, when you feel your feet tapping, and you get an inkling to dance to a funky band in one of the busiest places in town... That is exactly what you do. So, my sister who's always with me (even if right now just in my head & heart) and I went out and shook it down like we always do.
I didn't think the day could get any better. I just wanted the last few hours to repeat themselves over and over and over. On our long walk back to town, we stumbled across a Humana. Humana's are Spain's version of a goodwill. Which should translate to goldmine. They were having a 'everything in the store is 3 euro sale', and you will never guess what I found. A FALL WOOL JACKET.
What? Why? It's May?.. I know, I know. But ALL WINTER, I was admiring the beautiful cuts of the jackets out of my price range. I had to constantly remind myself 'that's not why you came here, that's not why you came here'. 'Spend your money and time on experiences, not things.' WELL WHEN THIS THING IS 3 euro!? That's a budget friendly splurge I can get down for!!! The neck line, the shoulders, the cut.. check, check, check.
Great find, great day. I'll just add it to the collection.
LOVE THIS! the dancing! the coat!
ReplyDelete...THE COAT! get serious! 3 euro! gorgeousness!
I'm pissed. I want one...and a tan, and music, and time to read books, and good fruit smoothies.
ReplyDeleteI don't even know how to describe how your blog makes me feel. It's part amazement, jealousy, awe, motivation and I'm sure about ten other things. Keep enjoying every second, I know you will remember it forever! Oh, and the jacket, adorable!!!!
ReplyDelete