Thursday, April 29, 2010

Siesta Graffiti

One of my favorite things has become walking around during siesta. I actually have started to look forward to my most productive hours taking place during siesta. When every one else heads to the beach or a coffee shop, I sneak around the shops and admire the grated graffiti





















I found a fig biscuit near the fig assortment at the fruit market. I figgin freaked! Dried fig packed with almonds, raisins, and cashews... I could hardly contain myself. Erik strongly recommended I only eat half of it a time, I needed that advice because I leave most judgement at the door. In all my excitement I accidentally knocked over a mushroom display that was 12 euro/kg!!!! Mushrooms went flying EVERYWHERE. This old man behind me was muttering in Spanish about how clumsy I was. I wanted to lean over and let him know I speak half Spanish. I'm fully aware you are saying rude things about me sir, unfortunately I only have 200 verbs to choose from, and 'to be innocent' isn't one of them. Then we he was forced to walk next to me down the aisle he avoided me like the plaque. I'm surprised he didn't have a stiff arm up in my direction!!






We stumbled upon an antique market outside of the cathedral, too. I always feel so mixed when going through antique shows. I know so little about antiques, I don't want to get taken. However, I can't help but feel like I'm getting the find of a century when I pick up a vintage broach and know that 'of course it's worth 50 euro. Look at how old it looks, no rust!', when there is a very a large chance it is an imitation vintage broach from the 1970's worth around 3 euro. Instead, I chose to enjoy the pretty glass assortments they had.



I haven't even mentioned all the Gaudi stuff we've been doing. Our first stay we visited the sites, it was so bright out that the pictures turned out horribly. We're heading to the Gaudi park today, so hopefully we should have a few good ones to speak of.

No comments:

Post a Comment