The bus terminal is right before all the goods. Erik and I were looking at each other and ready to hop on the bus back. It was cloudy and rainy, and this city didn't seem to exude the same appeal. We decided to do a quick little loop to stretch our legs before turning around. - DO I EVER LEARN!? -
Menton was knock out. Three blocks in we found/stumbled upon a perfumerie that I was in complete love with. Every little smell so distinct and perfect. Rows and rows of all the smells you can imagine. You could pour your own, mix and match, or just smell until you were nauseous.
Here's the door I picked. There were many doors like this, but for some reason this one spoke to me. Beautiful, no?
All of the buildings started to become older, the colors more vibrant. Pearls, salmons, yellows- every single building with the beautiful French windows and brightly colored shutters. We could hear the sea, and a few corners later, there it was!
Erik standing near the true mini coopers!
Just as we got out to the pier, the rain stopped. We sat and enjoyed the view for quite some time. There was also a crazy and quite ambitious swimmer taking on the waves and stormy seas.
Even on a cloudy and slightly unseasonable day we were both completly struck by this little town's beauty. Menton seems to be a quieter, smaller one of the group and yet any where other than here, this city would be the star. A man among men. I had heard no mention of Menton. No one said I had to go there, or to seriously make time to visit this historic fishing city, yet by the end of yesterday I couldn't have been happier we did.
The entire Riviera is like post card cat nip. I just can't stop. So I bought another two today and we were getting ready to send them on their way. I was SO excited I wanted a quick picture of them before we sent them off. I had Erik hold them getting ready for their journey and we were getting ready to take the photo, and SPLAT.
A bird shit on me.
Pardon my French. Sorry, lame, bad humor. Anyway, it did. The poop can only be likened to a goose, and it was sitting on the cuff of my sleeve. So unfortunately, here's the only photo we got.
That place is gorgeous! I want to come visit it RIGHT NOW!
ReplyDelete