Two great things have happened recently-
1. I have ants in my pack. While I don't have a phobia of ants, I certainly don't enjoy them. Especially in my things. Erik also has ants in his bag, although they seem to bother him alot less. I suppose he didn't get bitten by red ants while eating funnel cake at a fair (they went up my shorts!!!), AND, he didn't bring carpenter ants in his room as a child with a sister who wouldn't provide refuge. Ants probably go with the territory of an almost out door living quarter, but still, I'd like to think I didn't ask for this.
2. Do you have ANY idea how painful it is to get tooth paste near/around your eyes? I have no idea how I did it (what's new) but I managed to get a little tooth paste in my eye mask. I was rolling around like a bafoon all evening. Long after the toothpaste was gone, the burning sensation kept me awake. I wanted to push my head through the seats and talk to Erik, but I knew he was asleep.. I suffered alone in puffy agony. Buyer beware- aquafresh is only fresh in the mouth!
We're spending the day in Athens before we take the train to the ferry. We figured we'd just do a lot of the same things we already enjoyed, but you'll never believe it! There was a riot this morning!!!GASP.
It was actually very interesting to watch. Nonvoilent, organized, and paper happy. The worst thing they did was abuse the volume on the microphone and throw papers at people. There was a huge stack in my direction, a wind funnel of paper cuts. Aside from that, it was very interesting to see the people actively demonstrating. I never felt unsafe, and liked all the pizazz these people possessed. All that aside, I am happy that I was quite visibly a tourist. Plus, the huge machine guns carried by every police man were a large incentive for the demonstration to stay nonviolent and organized.
After this we went to the market. In Athens they have this thing with birds. They sell them EVERYWHERE. I don't know if they're sold as pets or food, but they sell like hot cakes!! Apparently they can even be sold amongst fruit.
Would you care for some oranges with that avian flu? We didn't buy any fruit from this stand, and instead opted to continue our walk. Not a bad view, not bad at all!
No comments:
Post a Comment